Mountain bike trails, articles and bike part reviews
Check out the back issues for additional articles, interviews and product reviews.
- How To Build a Single Speed For Dummies: A simple step by step guide to converting your bike to a single speed. It's been updated since if first appeared in Issue #1. Join the one speed revolution!
- Jeff Jones Interview: Jeff Jones crafts titanium mountain bikes in his Medford, Oregon shop. We find out what his unique ideas are all about and get the history of how he came to be a bicycle frame builder.
- Willits Fork Review: Product review of the Willits W.O.W. rigid steel 29er fork. Originally published in Dirt Rag magazine.
- Misfit FUBar Handlebar Review: You've seen the Jones H-bar, the On-One Mary bar, now check out the Misfit FUBar, another big sweep, ergonomic mountain bike handlebar.
- Vassago Jabberwocky 29er frame and fork review: A long term review of the 4130 Steel mountain bike frame and rigid fork with disc brake mounts and track dropouts (fork ends). Originally published in Dirt Rag magazine, published here with follow up information.
- The Dirt Rag Punk Bike Enduro: The best mountain bike stage race race you'll ever attend. Bikes! Beer! Derby!
- Tour de Patapsco: The Tour de Patapsco is a 50 mile round trip mountain bike ride in Patapsco Valley State Park. The ride starts in Avalon and goes to the McKeldin section of the park before you turn around and make your way back to the start. With few places to resupply or bail out this is adventure mountain biking right outside of Baltimore, Maryland. This article will help you navigate the route and be one of the elite riders who has completed the entire trip.
- I-70 Ride Guide: Maryland: I-70 offers a lot of mountain bike trail options as it crosses Maryland. Patapsco State Park, Gambrill State Park, Greenbrier State Park and the City of Frederick Watershed are all just off the highway. Road trip!
- Ride Like A Girl: Women are a minority in mountain biking. This article first appeared in Dirt Rag magazine and covers local women who have organized group rides for skill building and support.
- Choose Your Own Adventure: This article is an overview of the Tour de Patapsco ride written to give local riders an idea of what it's all about. It's a good companion piece to the ride guide above.
- Matt Chester Interview: Titanium frame builder Matt Chester is known for his simple frames and simple lifestyle. We interviewed him in the early days to find out how he got into the bike business and just what his frame building philosophy is.
- Resurrection: First appearing in 63XC.com, this is the story of tracking down an old beater bike to covert to a fixed gear.